Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! I really enjoy New Years. I love saying goodbye to one year and hello to the next. I love the feeling starting again with a fresh calendar. I love to set goals and plan out the year ahead. My favorite way to spend New Years Eve is at home with my friends and family. After playing board games and watching movies I want to turn on the TV and watch the several networks that air coverage of the Times Square Ball Drop. Most notable is ABC's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve.

Auld Lang Syne


Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?
And here's a hand, my trusty friend
And gie's a hand o' thine
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne

I always wondered what the words were to the song we sing every year. You know the one that everyone just hums until they get to the part that they remember. I decided to google the words to the song so I could sing it this year. Did you know the meaning of the verse auld lang syne means the good old days?

This year’s celebration was very low key and I think one of my favorites. My brother was visiting with his family; they came down from Idaho Falls to help out with the new baby. It was so wonderful to have them here. The girls love to play with Rocky and Connor and I didn’t cry at all the entire time they were here. (I have been crying and crying for no reason it is a hormonal post pregnancy thing) It was so wonderful to have them here. We played so hard on New Years Eve that everyone fell asleep before the big hour. So Tony and I were able to ring in the New Year together. We opened the blinds in our bedroom to watch the fireworks.

We were excited to discover that from the view from our bedroom window we counted 7 different fireworks shows. Three of which were some pretty incredible fireworks displays. It was so pretty to see the balls of fire light up the sky and we celebrated by opening a bottle of sparkling grape juice.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love you, Cheri... And Happy Birthday!

Maria Elena said...

Dearest Cheri:

Aww, shucks. that was really beautiful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on New Year's.

Katie said...

I am so happy that I get to be a part of your family this year and am so greatful!! The girls are so cute and they are the best! THANKS:)

Emily said...

What a fun New Years! And what a beautiful view from your bedroom. We still need to come see your new house and new baby! And a very happy birthday to you...way late...it was last week right? Cute post.

Jenny said...

Thank you... My dad is the best! I love your new profile pic! Hailey is such a beautiful litte 'peanut'.