The other day my neighbor was on the treadmill at the Gym when she saw an article in the February issue of Parents magazine entitled "The Unexpected Child". I had completely forgot about a series of phone calls I shared with Heather a writer for Parents magazine about a year and a half ago. At the time Kaitlyn was almost six months old, we were just getting settled down and used to life as new parents when we discovered we were expecting again. We were really caught of guard with the news of another pregnancy. I remember I had to take 7 tests before it finally hit me that
we were having another one. To soften the blow I decided to break the news to Tony in a creative way. I ran down to the party supply store and rented a helium tank. I covered the entire family room ceiling with pink, blue and white balloons. It was so fun watching Kaitlyn giggle and try to reach the ribbons that were dangling down from each balloon.
I was really nervous about how my husband was going to take the news but to my surprise his response was absolute joy. (More proof of how wonderful he is!) He was so excited about our new baby he gave my information to a writer at Parents magazine who was writing an article about surprise pregnancies. It was fun to participate in her article and now when you google my name something actually comes up.
It is hard to believe that our little Jazzie is going to be one on Saturday.
crazy crazy crazy!! I remember we were down doing the Idyllwild 10K when Jasmine was born.... one year old and another on the way. :o) you guys are amazing and i wish i wish i wish we saw you more often. *sniffle* i need to call you. LOVES!!!!
Thank goodness for the little "accidents" in life!! What would we ever do without Jasmine? Your babies are precious and I love them and I love you so much! Oh, don't let my exercise posts fool you- I try my, but it is such a battle and sugar is prime enemy number one! Such a love/hate relationship right?
3 comments:
crazy crazy crazy!! I remember we were down doing the Idyllwild 10K when Jasmine was born.... one year old and another on the way. :o) you guys are amazing and i wish i wish i wish we saw you more often. *sniffle* i need to call you.
LOVES!!!!
Thank goodness for the little "accidents" in life!! What would we ever do without Jasmine? Your babies are precious and I love them and I love you so much! Oh, don't let my exercise posts fool you- I try my, but it is such a battle and sugar is prime enemy number one! Such a love/hate relationship right?
We love you sweet little Jasmine! Time for a bbq guys- when are you game!
Post a Comment